Get to know
I’m a clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, and researcher, or simply put,
a curious student of this magical life. In my work I use a holistic approach
focusing on the interaction of the mind, soul, spirit, and body.
Difficult life experiences, ranging from break-ups and career disappointments to trauma and abuse, trap and lead many of us to a mindset of self-limiting beliefs.
I feel empathy and offer kindness for those who struggle with mental health challenges such as anxiety and depression. I also offer hope because I believe that our past does not define our future. I will be committed to you as my client and I am passionate to
co-learn with you as you rediscover your authentic self and reach your full potential
for joy, accomplishment and connected, fulfilling relationships.
If you are ready to begin a journey of investigating what is getting in your way to a happier and more satisfying life and exploring together the next best steps to take,
then please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perfectionism and/or fear of failure
- Procrastination or lack of motivation
- Life Transitions & in-between-phases
- Emotional, physical, and/or sexual abuse
- Adults in emotionally abusive relationships
- Career development and/or career-building
- Traumatic life events (including childhood trauma)
- Co-dependency with family and/or significant other
- Work performance and/or quality of relationships at work
- Coping skills
- Palliative Care
- Peer relationships
- Grief & bereavement
- Personal development
- Body image challenges
- Depression and/or Loss
- Life crisis and significant changes
Approach to my work
My 23+ years of counseling, coaching and therapy in a broad range of areas have giving me the experience to effectively tailor my holistic approach to the unique needs of my clients. In doing so, I can draw from a variety of frameworks, methods and approaches, including systemic therapy, humanistic psychotherapy, gestalt, psychodrama, psycho oncology, mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy, and body psychotherapy. I combine these approaches in a meaningful and systematic way as indicated by the specific needs of my clients.
In working with you, I will create a caring and safe environment for you to share whatever is on your mind and in your heart. Together we’ll explore your concerns in all their complexity. By exploring these issues, you will become aware of how your past experiences have influenced who you are now and how you relate to others. Meaningful change begins with and happens through self-awareness and reflection.The more you observe and discover, the more your awareness will grow, allowing for self-compassion and inner wisdom to emerge and become your ultimate guide.
Below, you're welcome to read more about my work, my collaborations, my research and clinical experience, and my education and academic qualifications.
Professional Experience & Expertise
- Private practice as coach, psychotherapist, psycho-oncologist, trainer, and speaker (since 2005); Locations: Germany, Berlin + Guatemala, LakeAtitlan
- Scientific Assistant in Universitätsklinikum Schleswig-Holstein,
Universitäres Cancer Center Schleswig- Holstein, Germany
- Psycho-oncologist and researcher in Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin,
Medical clinic for Oncology and Haematology, Germany (2006 – 2019)
- Doctoral Thesis: Tumor patients and their families: Possibilities of early
integration of palliative care into standard oncological care (2018)
- Creator and organizer of retreats, workshops and seminars (since 2005)
- Conception and organization of scientific medical symposia (Berliner Symposium Integrated Palliative Cancer Care 2017, Berliner Symposium Integrated Palliative Cancer Care 2018)
- 10 years of experience as business administrator in trade and industry (including as CEO)
- Member of the project group Psychosocial Oncology Tumor Center Berlin
- Founding member of the Integrated Palliative Cancer Care project group
at the Berlin Tumor Center
Education & Training
Duale Hochschule, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Deutschen Krebsgesellschaft (DGK), Germany.
Charité Universitätsmedizin-Berlin, Germany
What others say about me
The encounter with Martina was groundbreaking for my further life. She helped me in a professional manner; listened when I needed to be heard, supported me when I was powerless, understood my sadness, anger and joy, encouraged me to find new ways - always respecting my limits - sometimes with the necessary provocative note to get myself out of my personal comfort zone. The whole thing accompanied with a lot of humor! Martina is a fantastic therapist who I can recommend without reservation! So there is only one thing left to say at this point: THANK YOU!
Bettina, 30 years
After a number of false starts with therapists, I can only say that I wish I had found Tina sooner! Tina really helped me to elucidate and articulate the origins of deeply embedded patterns of negative and self-defeating thinking, which proved essential in enabling her to then work with me to develop practical strategies for loosening their grip. She is patient and compassionate while being proactive and constructively challenging when she needs to be.
Tom, 42 years
You opened up valuable new perspectives on my current situation. It is amazing, but just in a time of one hour I was able to view my situation from a completely new angle, and suddenly see the road to my ultimate dream and solutions. Thank you for your inspiring, relieving, insightful and energizing coaching session!
Sabine, 53 years
Martina accompanied me through the most difficult time of my life when my husband died and I had to find my way into a new life alone with my ten-year-old daughter. Every time I talked to her I gained a lot of strength and found peace. Our conversations were my "life rafts" in this "stormysea". I have taken a lot from this time for my "new life". I sincerely wish every person who has to go this difficult way such a good accompaniment as I was able to experience through Martina. Life had a gift in store for me here. This fills me with deep gratitude, which actually cannot be put into words. THANK YOU for everything, dear Martina!
Carmen, 48 years